Thursday, September 10, 2009

New FREE Cutting File FLOWER in KNK GSD AI SVG & WPC

Well, Tina & I have been very busy working on getting our new project underway.  We are hoping to be announcing it very soon.  In the mean time, I didn't want to forget to give you your free file.  You would really laugh at the inspiration for this file!!  I don't know if I should tell you this, but I guess I will since it shows that you never know when or where you can find your inspiration.  The inspiration for this flower was found on a piece of toilet paper.  OK, I know what you're thinking!!  But, I was just staring at it...thinking this is WAY too cute to be on toilet paper!  So, I brought a piece down to my office...changed it up a bit, added my own touch & waa-la now its a cutting file!!  And, if I didn't have such a big mouth nobody would have ever had to know...lol!

So, I really love how this flower turned out & I hope you can still love it even though you know where it came from.  It is actually three separate flowers, with a mat for two of them.  Also included are two swirly stems and two separate leaves.  In my typical style, you will find this to be a very simple file to piece together.  All those dots & decorations were made into "cut outs" rather than "glue ons".  Even though I should be thinking fall leaves and such, I hope you will still enjoy using this.

You'll find my flower here:
DarcysDesignsFLOWER.zip

The password is:   iagreetotermsofuse

***Some TIPS for anyone having trouble downloading: If you have a space in the password without knowing it (even in the front or back end) it won't work for you. If you can see that it has been downloaded, then I assure you...it IS working. Couple tips since every time I list a free file some people struggle to get it...if you are having problems and normally you copy/paste the password in try typing it out. If you normally type it out, try copy/pasting. If it still doesn't work for you try another browser.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Darcy. Love the file and loved your story on the inspiration for it, lol.
    Esther W-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flower, tickled by the thought of its origins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative. I like the way you designed it to layer with holes instead of all those little bitty pieces to glue. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little detail holes. Plus it's good to know you're multi-tasking when, um, never mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL on the inspiration. I will think of that every time I cut it. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Darcy. One never knows where they will find inspiration. Thanks for sharing the story and the fabulous file!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your flower. It's adorable and I love the holes cut in the leaves and flower. So much easier then having to glue them on. I admire you for finding inspiration no matter what the source. Just shows your mind is always in creative mode. LOL
    I think this is my first visit to your blog. I don't know why I haven't ever visited before but I am so HAPPY I have now and I will definitely be back.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darcy, I tried to download some of your older freebies. I guess they are only active for a certain period of time. I hate it that I missed them all, but I have bookmarked your blog so I don't miss any in the future. I really love your designs. They are so CUTE.
    Thanks again for sharing.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice comments everyone :o). It is very much appreciated to know when you all like my freebies. And, Carole...you gave me the biggest smile of the day while I was at a dead stop in traffic. So...I would love to send you some of those missed files. Email me, I don't have your email :o))

    Darcy

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Darcy for the beautiful flower. I appreciated your kindness & giving!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  11. tee hee - LOVE the story! Very pretty flower, no matter where the inspiration came from! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete